Search This Blog

Monday, December 3, 2012

My Mathematics Bioloigy professor

    I am glad to introduce my mathematical biology professor Ronald Shonkwiler to you who devotes his all life to math and teaching, Ronald Shonkwiler.


1.       What makes you choose the mathematics as your lifetime career?

Shonk: My initial interest is engineer, and I have to learn a lot of math to learn engineer well. Then I found that mathematics is much fundamental and fascinating.

2.       What do you think mathematics can bring to our life or develop our life?

Shonk: Well, math is very useful in the daily life, for example forecasting how fast flu spreads, how much loss due to the earthquake.

3.       Well, I heard you hobby is flying, right? When did you have your first plane?

Shonk: Yes, I like to fly. I got my first plane about 10 years ago.

4.       Where do you learn how to fly?

Shonk: Well, I learned how to fly after I moved to Georgia, right in Georgia tech.

5.       How long did it take you to learn?

Shonk: About 10 months, but I didn’t learn every day. I you learn every day you can spend much less time.

6.       I heard you have made a plane by yourself, right?

Shonk: That’s right. It took me a lot of time. But it was very exciting, at first the plane were just pieces, then after the effort you could fly in the sky.


“Well if you are interested you can fly with me.” Then:
 



 
 
   Thanks my professor for the interview and the flying. What a nice guy he is , and I want to be a person like him, enjoy your job and enjoy the life. I think that’s the most happy life I have ever heard, I want to be a person like him. So what kind of life do you want in the future?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment